Si Rong
Today's lesson required us to find an item to 'sell off', in a sense, and we had to present and promote the 'item' to our class. We also had to do a poster, which would aid our presentation.
During our discussion, my group decided to sell off one of our group members. Because we were trying to 'sell off' someone, we had to find some interesting and useful factors to promote. Our group was honestly one of the more rowdy ones, and the discussion was very lively to say the least. We had fun pointing out certain aspects of our group member and penning it down into a coherent 'poster'.
I suppose that we were attempting a more humorous approach at presentation when we sent Tzeh Yuan up.
Also, the lesson gave us a bit of a leeway to explore Tzeh Yuan's presentation abilities, and by observing him, we found areas which we could improve on. Today, I learn how presentation skills were quite crucial in life, and some of the criteria in judging someone's presentation. It was a very interesting and fun lesson.
Jing Qing
In this lesson, I learnt about how to deliver a good presentation. We learnt to be able to speak loudly, clearly and cohesively so that our audience will be able to hear what we are saying. Our presentation should be engaging so our audience will be interested and will pay attention. We should also be careful of our hand gestures and we should have eye contact with our audience. To practice, we were tasked to advertise an item to the class as if we wanted to sell it. We didn't do too bad but our speaker, Tzeh Yuan, spoke too fast and used to much unnecessary hand gestures. Overall, I learnt about good presentation skills that is very useful in our school life.
Yide
I learnt that the volume and clarity of the speaker (Tzeh Yuan) is very important as the it help ( him or her ?) broadcast ( his or her ?) message across to every single one of the audience.
I also learnt that it is important for the speaker to have eye contact with the audience so he can share himself openly with the audience and demonstrate sincerity and honesty in his message.
Tzeh Yuan
| During the class we learn presentation techniques. It was then tested by trying to sell off an object. In my case our group tried to sell off Yide. Why? Firstly, I think that the most important thing about a presentation is content. Though I could pick an object that I truly felt was useful and bring out its good point, I chose a comedy route instead. Selling a human is so much of a moral issue that even the thought of it is hilarious. By capitalizing that and stressing out the funny things, I thought that it would be more engaging to the audience. However I am well aware that I don't have very good presentation skills which I will try to improve on. In the end, I realized I made a mistake. By stressing out the funny points instead of stressing out the good points of Yide, I did not really made Yide look like a desirable product to buy. So sadly, no one bought Yide. Hai Shu In this lesson, I learnt about how to deliver a good presentation. We learnt to be able to speak loudly, clearly so that our audience will be able to hear what we are presenting to them, and not make them guess what we are saying.We should also be careful of our hand gestures and we should have eye contact with our audience, so as to make the audience feel engaged or involved in the presentation. To make us practice our presentation, every group was supposed to make a poster to sell of something. Tzeh yuan was the presenter thus the teacher gave feedback based on him. |
No comments:
Post a Comment